Call Calderside Decorators for a FREE quote : 01355 267588 or 07801 704777
Hotel Commercial Painting and Decorating Services
Project : Selborne Hotel, Dunoon, Scotland : January - March 2020
Refurbishment/Decoration to the Exterior of the Selborne Hotel.
- This project required a lot of planning, liaison and preparation.
- Four site visits were required prior to the work commencing to ensure every aspect of the job was covered
- We had to hire a 85 Foot MEWP and Tower scaffold. The extensive use of Ladders at Height was required.
- Our Health and Safety consultant visit's all our jobs prior to starting and he produces method and risk assessments for us.
- The Safety of our team, Hotel staff and the General Public is taken very seriously.
- We have Public and Employee Liability Insurance which covers properties up to a value £20 million. This can be Increased if required.
- Every morning we have a “tool box talk” to ascertain what work will be carried out that day.
- Any Health and safety implications are discussed fully and in detail each day.
- The Safety of our team, Hotel staff and the General Public was taken very seriously.
- All our team carry IPAF, PASMA, CSCS and First Aid Certificates.
- We had to converse with the local council and roads department to arrange a road closure. This required paying a fee, implementing road traffic signs, re-directing traffic. Liasing with pedestrians and traffic. Informing the local Police and local residents
- Our Client required the work to be competed out of season before his first guests arrived at the end of March.
- As we were working away from home our client was kind enough to provide us with accommodation. The Hotel was empty anyway, but it meant we could reduce the cost of the works due to not having any accommodation costs.
- With the weather forecast predicting rain rain rain we knew this would be a challenge. It was as it turned out to be the wettest February in over 100 years.
- All the works were completed on time just before the unfortunate lockdown happened.
- No incidents occurred over the ten weeks the work was carried out.
- There are no health and safety incidents recorded against us on any of our previous contracts.
- As soon as the Lockdown is lifted we plan to return to the Selborne, our home from home and give it a freshen up prior to the first guests arriving.
We are available to work anywhere in the UK or abroad.
We have carried out work abroad.
Please contact us if you require our services or would like to discuss anything.
Why Use Calderside Decorators?
Calderside Decorators were established in 2001 and employs fully qualified painters and decorators and between us we have 35 years experience. The company has gained a reputation for the highest quality of workmanship with a wealth of experience in it’s much valued team, such that they have been selected to carry out contracts throughout Scotland and the United Kingdom.
We undertake all aspects of painting, decorating ( internally and externally) and Ames taping for your home, office or business. We have experience in running projectsof all sizes from a studio flat to a baronial castle, from an office to a multi-national – collaborating with main contractors, interior designers, surveyors, architects and all trades. Whatever the job we pride ourselves in working closely with our customers to ensure a personal and professional service.